Admin

8/10/20 Message from the Principal

8/10/20 Message from the Principal
Posted on 08/10/2020
8/10/20 Message from the Principal

Good Evening CCA Families,                August 10, 2020
Tonight’s message will cover some frequently asked questions and some updates that relate to this week’s schedule for all learners at home and in person.
Thank you to everyone who has completed their registration and picked up chrome books.  Students who do not have their chrome book are going to have difficulty working from home since the lessons created by teachers are found on CANVAS.  Picking up your chrome book needs to be a top priority no later than tomorrow.  It is also very important that you login in using you student, HCDE e-mail address (Google acct.)  

Your teachers will be sending out ZOOM invitations tomorrow for your A day classes.  Wednesday, 8/12 is your first day of school.  All in person Cohort A students will attend school for in person learning and attend A Day classes.  All B cohort students for in person learning and all at home learners will login to their A day classes on Wednesday, 8/12.  On Thursday, 8/13 all B cohort in person learners will attend school in person and all A cohort and at Home Learners will log in to their B Day classes. Your teachers will send out ZOOM invitations for your B day classes for this Thursday, 8/13.

On Friday, 8/14 all in person learners and at home learners will follow and A/B day schedule and all learners will be at home.  You will receive ZOOM invitations for both your A and B day classes.  The schedule will be in the following order; 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B, LUNCH BREAK 3A, 3B, 4A, and 4B.  This means you will attend all classes on Friday.  We will pause after 2B for a one-hour lunch break, resume classes with 3A, and so forth until the end of the day. Follow the log in times found on your ZOOM invitations.

Trouble logging in? Call or e-mail Mrs. Sally White@ white_sally@hcde.org or call 423-498-7365.

Remember to have ear buds that work (test them first) with your chrome book when you come to in person learning at CCA.

We have received many schedule change requests and will honor them with seniors first and then move down by grade level and only if the change is possible.  Please keep in mind, that requests are based on choices made by students for 95% of the schedules.  The other 5% could not be honored due the singleton academic classes needed for graduation or the class was full.

All students must wear masks on the buses as well as in school.  Buses fill from the back to the front. 

All students will be taking home all of their materials such as chrome books and any text books every day in the event that we must quickly close school for any number of reasons.

NO ONE MAY GET OUT OF THEIR CARS OR ENTER THE BUILDING OR BE DROPPED OFF BEFORE 8:30 EVERY MORNING. STUDENTS ARE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO WILL ENTER THE BUILDING AND GO STRAIGHT TO THEIR FIRST CLASS.  THEY MAY PICK UP BREAKFAST AS THEY HEAD TO FIRST BLOCK.  LOCKERS WILL NOT BE ASSIGNED UNTIL NEXT WEEK. Meal costs are located on the HCDE website. Those on Free and reduced meals will still be on the plan until 9/20/20. New forms must be filled out every year.

Several textbooks have not arrived as of today.  Please understand that the publishers are like many businesses that are running behind.  We are hoping for delivery ASAP. Our staff is prepared for this delay.

Pick up in the afternoon will be much different.  It is necessary that you have a clearly printed name of your student/s taped in your car window if you are picking up a car rider.  We will be calling students from classes for the most part to get in cars. Be sure to follow the loop used at registration when the traffic backs up on the second level. NO CARS ON THE TOP LEVEL.  THIS IS RESERVED FOR BUSES. Tell your student the plan for the afternoon before they leave home in the morning. Buses serving CCA are posted on the CCA website. cca.hcde.org

Thank you for your support.  We cannot wait to see you in person or as an at home learner.  We are CCA!
Mrs. Smith

All content © 2020 Hamilton County Schools. All rights reserved. | Privacy Notice | Website by School Messenger